Saturday 12 May 2012

Here comes the sun....

do do do do.........

Another weekend, another training walk, now with only 7 weeks to go until the challenge.

I didn't want to go too far afield this weekend so decided to take myself off for a Norwich based walk. I headed off from my base in Tombland and headed down Kings Street to Whittlingham broad. I wasn't expecting a particularly exciting walk as this is a route I've done many times, seeing the sign below though suggested that maybe things would be different this time....


Sadly there were no sharks to be seen. However, the sunny weather really was a dramatic change to the weather I've been training in for the past month so this walk did seem a little different than usual. The novelty of the sun detracted from the familiarity of the route I guess. It being spring I was treated to the sight of various duckings, cygnets etc, a nice excuse to pause every so often!


Following the walk to Whittlingham, plus a lap of the broad I headed back into the city. Before I went home however I headed over to my old haunt, Gas Hill. I took myself up the hill and then round to walk down Ketts Hill and then...........repeated it! So, a total walking length of 9.5 miles including 2 goes of Gas Hill, not bad going I reckon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment