Monday 7 May 2012

Hello again.....

Wow, it really is quite some time since I last updated this....oops!

Pleased to say though that it's just the blog I'm neglecting, the training has been ongoing with at least one long walk every weekend. Given the weather of the past month or so I have had plenty of opportunity to test out my waterproofs!

Recent walks have included more of Wherryman's Way, North Norfolk coast and various parts of Boudicca Way. Too many to really catch up on now but I promise to make more of an effort update on my training walks over the next 7 and a bit weeks. (yep, that means less than 8 weeks until the challenge....)

This weekend my plan was to do two walks, taking advantage of the Bank Holiday weekend with one walk on Sunday and a shorter one on Monday. Well, I managed the Sunday one with a 12 mile walk on Marriotts Way. Good walk, and the rain mostly held off. Unfortunately it was overshadowed by the sigting of two (separate) mice during the last two miles of the walk. Those who know me will be aware that I am irrationally terrified of anything rodent-like so this was definitely not a highlight!  Today I was suffering a bit from yesterday's 12 miler so struggled to motivate myself enough to go for a proper walk. Instead, I took myself off to Gas Hill ( previous visits ) for some gradient training. Managed 5 trips up and down it, not a bad effort all things considered.

So, in summary, have been training, promise to work harder at blogging.

Finally, with less than 8 weeks to go it seem appropriate to start plugging my fundraising page again. I'm not just putting myself through all this training pain for fun, I'm also raising money for two charities that are important to me, The Prince's Trust and JDRF. I know a lot of people sponsored me last year when I sadly had to cancel the challenge (and thank you for sponsoring, you're amazing!) but if you want to sponsor me again (never know!) or didn't last time but would like to then that would be incredible, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment