Sunday 19 June 2011

Uh Oh Hypo....

Just a short (4.5) mile walk for me this weekend as I've been away. We went to explore the various arrowed walks in the woods around Whittlingham. One of the first sights was a sign saying 'danger, wasp nest' so we took care to avoid that route and, as Hetal called it, a 'My Girl incident'.

It's been quite a wet weekend so the walk gave me the opportunity to test out the waterproofness of my new jacket - I was pleased with the result although I need to get to grips with arranging the hood so I can actually see/hear things! It was a nice route, various forest paths with regular 'ups and downs' which is a bit of a novelty for me and something I need to find more of. About halfway through we came across a hidden adventure playground, which of course we felt obliged to try out.....


The one downside of this walk was that, about 2/3 of the way through I had a hypo, my first 3 Peaks training hypo. I hit 3.2 which ,although low, isn't dreadfully low but I tested about 10minutes after eating several mouthfuls of Percy Pigs so I suspect I had been even lower. As I was only planning a short walk I, maybe over-confidently, hadn't taken all the usual hypo treatments that I usually carry with me. I had jelly babies so was fine but it was a bit of a wake up call to remind me to prepare better in the future......


No comments:

Post a Comment