Monday 13 June 2011

Singing Cher to cows....

First things first, I saw the topless Worzel Gummidge again! This was more or less in the same place as last time so I don't think he's stalking me. I really want to take a photo so everyone can see the likeness but I can't think of a polite way to say 'you look like Worzel Gummidge, can I take your photo to put on line please?' (I'll work on it!)

Today's walk started at Reedham, following a family lunch at the Reedham Ferry pub. I then followed the river along the flood banks to Cantley and Buckenham (beside the marshes that I walked along before), finishing in Brundall, a total of 10.2 miles. Much of the walk was the sam route I've taken before, but I was surprised to see how much difference a few weeks had made to the landscape, the clear paths I followed before are now overgrown, if I hadn't been there before I'd have struggled to believe I was going the wrong way. This wasn't helped by the fact that, I presume, a farmer had decided to chain up one of the gates I had to go through meaning that I needed to do a rather impressive vault over it!

I complained before about the holes in the ground which I nearly fell into:

This had been replaced by:
Unfortunately the holes were still there, I just couldn't see them so I did have a few, too close for comfort, stumbles along the way.

This route was more or less deserted, I think I passed two people in total. Those of you who know me will be aware that I am tone deaf and therefore not normally allowed to sing in front of people. In an attempt to make the walk go quicker I thought I'd take advantage of the solitude and belt out a few hits - it turns out I can do quite a mean Cher impression that the cows seemed to appreciate! One thing I didn't account for though was the fact that, on the other side of the overgrown reeds was a rather busy river, with a lot of boats going up and down. So, I would like to apologise to anyone who found their peaceful outing on The Broads disturbed by my over enthusiastic Cher and Beyonce routines.....
There was the usual mix of wilelife enroute, with many birds I simply don't recognise. Was quite excited to see that the swans on nests I saw last time had been replaced by lines of cygnets. There were a lot of butterflies fluttering around as well as dragonflies, including these funky blue ones which I'm sure would glow in the dark....


All in a good walk, although it is some time since I did one of this length so I think I'm going to feel it in the morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment