Monday 25 June 2012

Nearly there...

Yep, it's nearly here everyone. Very, very soon I will start to talk about something other than The Three Peaks. Thanking for sticking with me on this, believe me, I'm even starting to get bored of it now!

Have a strange mix of excitement and panic at the moment. Part of me however is more laid back than I think I should be. Having been so disappointed to miss out, and at such short notice as well, last time I think part of me hasn't quite registered that this is happening in just 4 days - I'm hoping this is maybe a good thing, not to get too stressed out by it.

Wrote my 'to do' and 'to pack' lists today and have started getting everything ready (see photo below). Have just compared it to last year's list here and I'm pleased to say that they are pretty similar, hopefully this is a good sign that I haven't forgotten anything....


I will of course update this blog once I've recovered from the challenge. I'm hoping to do some updates while I'm going along (well, between mountains) via Twitter, you can follow me at @AmysThreePeaks

It would be foolish of me not to give my fundraising page just one final push. I am doing this challenge as a personal challenge to me, and also to raise money for two very important charities The Princes' Trust and JDRF. I have entirely funded all the costs of the challenge (and last year's missed attempt) myself so every penny raised really is going to a good cause. As I write this I'm just £30 off my target, and I can't begin to tell you how much of a boost it will be to know I've reached my target by the day of the challenge, if you can help please click on the link..... http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Amys_3_Peaks_Challenge (and of course feel free to share it with friends and family!)

Thank you to everyone who has supported me both in sponsorship, coming for walks with me or just general moral support and encouragement, really couldn't have done it without you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment