Sunday 4 March 2012

Follow the yellow brick road.....


Well, not quite bricks but it looked enough like a yellow path for me to (maybe) have a little sing along to myself whilst I was walking it......

I've been absent from the blog for the last couple of weeks, but not to worry I have been training. Unfortunately my ongoing internet problems have meant that I've not been recording my training but I did manage a 7 mile walk last weekend and 9 miles the previous one.

This weekend despite the wet weather (still drying off) I managed a ten mile walk which I'm pretty pleased with. I walked into the village of Trowse and from there decided to explore. First I went through the village and followed a signed cycle path. This led me alongside the A47, not exactly the peaceful countryside walk I was hoping for. Eventually I got to a junction where I could head either to Poringland or Kirby Beton but both these routes followed roads so I turned round and headed back to Trowse.

Once back in Trowse I took a different route and quickly came across the start of Boudicca Way, the path that leads from Norwich to Diss. This was more along the lines of what I was looking for, almost all off road, lovely and peaceful. I was pretty disappointed that I'd take the earlier detor as it meant I couldn't do much of this walk but fully intend to go back. Just over 4 miles in is Venta Icenorum, the site of a Roman Village so I think a trip there and back is next on my list.


I do feel now that I'm starting to get back into the walking. Recent training has let me really test out the waterproofness of my kit, although I may be getting a little too keen on walking through puddles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment