Tuesday 4 October 2011

Update

When I wrote my last post everything was very much up in the air regarding the challenge so I figured it's about time for a bit of an update. As I'm sure most of you know, or will have guessed, I didn't get to do the challenge as planned. I went to the doctors where I was given a blood test and first thing the following morning the results were phoned through to confirm that I had glandular fever. By that point I was feeling so ill that I already knew I wouldn't be able to do the challenge but that confirmed it for me.

As you can imagine I was extremely disappointed. I am however determined to complete the challenge in the future. Due to the impending winter weather and longer nights the next opportunity is June so I'm hoping to confirm my place on a June date ASAP. 

It's likely to be a few weeks or months before I'm up to restarting my training but I aim to revive this blog with details of my training when I do. Given the 'worst winter for 100 years' is currently being predicted training could get, erm, interesting....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment